What Is a Construction Certificate?​

A construction certificate is needed in Bondi Junction, Australia anytime work is about to commence on a building or anytime a building is about to be erected or changed in any structural way. It must be issued by either an accredited organization or a municipal council before the proposed work can begin.

A request for a construction certificate can be filed simultaneously with a development application (DA), or a development application may be filed first, but the DA must be approved before the certificate will be issued.

This certificate is required for several reasons: